Greetings from… where in the world… HOME! Believe it or not, I’m actually home on Maui for just a couple of days, before heading to Sydney for a free, one-day SharePoint MasterClass covering governance and scalability. I will then be presenting a governance keynote and architecture session at the Australian SharePoint Conference. Hope you can join me!
As I’ve been traveling, I’ve received a number of questions from folks about where they can get my content to view "offline," on the road, etc. With many thanks to Franklin Teagle, who spearheads our SharePoint Community Site, I can share with you a list of recent videos and recordings that he compiled. These are "live" recordings, with questions and answers, glitches, demos, and "uh’s and ah’s," but they’re a great way to catch up with some (if I may say so) pretty good SharePoint content.
SharePoint Governance & Storage Optimization Podcasts
Fellow MVP Michael Greth captured four of my sessions on his popular SharePointPodcast and has archived the recordings for on-demand access. From governance to storage optimization, these podcasts cover a wide variety of topics that seem to be valuable for the SharePoint community today:
- Managing the SharePoint Disruption
- Architecting SharePoint Governance
- SharePoint Insanity Demystified
- To BLOB or Not to BLOB?
Microsoft SharePoint Governance Videos By Holmes
As you certainly know from reading this column, I’ve been doing a lot of work on governance, and Microsoft just released video recordings of three sessions I presented at TechDays Belgium 2012 in Brussels two weeks ago, delivered back-to-back-to-back in one marathon day on February 15. These are now archived on Microsoft TechNet:
- SharePoint Governance, Part I: Architecting SharePoint for Scalability and Enforceable Governance : The latest iteration of my most highly-rated session which covers the tricky issue of aligning SharePoint architecture with your governance policies to create a manageable implementation.
- SharePoint Governance, Part II: Automating SharePoint Governance and Management : A brand new session that applies PowerShell and some great tricks to sow the seeds of a customized, automated, site provisioning request engine.
- Role-Based Management in SharePoint: User and Group Management and Permissions : Another brand new session that covers users, groups, nesting, and permissions and unveils a thought-provoking new approach to synchronizing memberships of Active Directory groups and SharePoint groups to get the “best of both worlds” group management structure.
Enjoy these recordings!